All personnel are trained in the use of necessary equipment and proper roofing safety procedures.
At Grell Roofing, we strive to be the areas leader in flat and low slope roofing applications while providing our customers with quality service and the utmost respect.
Our mission is to provide excellent service and complete every project in a safe, efficient, clean and professional manner.
With over 30 years experience in the industry….trust Grell for you commercial roofing needs.
The following is not meant to be an exhaustive explanation of all safety guidelines, but rather an explanation of our approach to job safety.
- Ladders will be set up according to OSHA guidelines, securely tied to the building. All tools, materials and equipment will be hoisted to the rooftop.
- All personnel working on or around the hoist during operation must wear hard-hats. We do not require the use of hard-hats on the rooftop.
- Personnel are issued and required to wear ANSI approved 100% UV filtered safety sunglasses for protection from impact and the sun.
- Ground fault interrupters (GFI) are used on all electrical circuits. Cords and power tools are to be inspected daily for satisfactory condition.
- Warning lines are to be set up 6’ from the perimeter of the roof in the area of the current work. Personnel leaving the enclosed area must either wear properly secured ropes with harnesses, or work in the presence of a safety monitor.
- Material loaded on the roof will be kept weighted or strapped down to avoid blow off or injury due to wind.
- Barricades will be erected on the ground around hoisting equipment, ladders, etc., if requested.